- 1 oz Brandy
- 1 oz white Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz Light Cream
Pour all ingredients except Nutmeg in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and enjoy.
If you’d like a frozen variation you can substitute 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in place of the light cream and blend ingredients together.
- 1 1/2 oz (3 Parts) Vodka
- 3 oz (6 Parts) Tomato Juice
- 15mL (1 Part) Lemon Juice
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
Add Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, with a dash of salt and pepper into a highball glass.
Add vodka, tomato juice, and lemon juice before adding ice. Garnish with a celery stalk.
- 30mL (6 Parts) Gin
- 15mL (3 Parts) Sweet Red Vermouth
- 10mL (2 Parts) Dry Vermouth
- 15mL (3 Parts) Orange Juice
Pour ingredients into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well before pouring into a cocktail glass.
This recipe is the official IBA recipe for this drink. It is considered to be a pre dinner drink.
- Prepare shaker with ice
- Add 1 1/2 oz (45mL) of White Rum (Typically Bacardi based on the name)
- Add 2/3 oz (20mL) of Lemon or Lime Juice
- Add a Dash of Grenadine
- Shake in your shaker and strain into a Cocktail Glass
Some substitute Sour Mix for the lime juice. This recipe is in accordance to the IBA guidelines for the Bacardi Cocktail.
- Fill an old fashioned glass with ice.
- Add 1 oz (30mL) Campari Bitters
- Add 1 oz (30mL) Red Vermouth
- Add splash of Soda Water
- Garnish with Orange Slice
This recipe is according to the official IBA standards as of 2012. Other variations may include a lemon peel or sparkling water in substitution of the soda water.
The Americano was created by Gaspare Campari in the 1860s.