- Prepare shaker with ice
- Add 1 1/2 oz (45mL) of White Rum (Typically Bacardi based on the name)
- Add 2/3 oz (20mL) of Lemon or Lime Juice
- Add a Dash of Grenadine
- Shake in your shaker and strain into a Cocktail Glass
Some substitute Sour Mix for the lime juice. This recipe is in accordance to the IBA guidelines for the Bacardi Cocktail.
- Fill an old fashioned glass with ice.
- Add 1 oz (30mL) Campari Bitters
- Add 1 oz (30mL) Red Vermouth
- Add splash of Soda Water
- Garnish with Orange Slice
This recipe is according to the official IBA standards as of 2012. Other variations may include a lemon peel or sparkling water in substitution of the soda water.
The Americano was created by Gaspare Campari in the 1860s.