Weight gain or being overweight is a significant problem these days. It is majorly due to the lifestyle that people follow in this fast-paced world. A lot of junk food, processed food, the preserved ones as well as the one with a lot of unsaturated fat is the primary cause of weight gain.
Here, I am going to help you with some necessary things that you can follow in your everyday life along with the workout pattern that suits our body to keep the excess weight under control. It will also help you learn some facts which are just myths and will not help you with the weight loss if followed.
Some myths about the weight loss and the reality:
- People believe that skipping their meals will help them in reducing their weight to a large extent, but that does not happen. The rumbling noise that your stomach produces eventually leads to acidity, and this further complicates the condition. Therefore, you should not miss out on your meals, and you should eat a small portion of a healthy plate.
- Reducing your appetite will also not be useful. If you could eat four portions of a meal on a regular basis and suddenly if you start eating only two parts, then it is going to leave you hungry as well as unsatisfied. Hence, it is recommended that you begin consuming reduced portions but gradually. Apart from this, you can also start with the workout sessions that is according to your body type.
Some things you should keep in mind when you are trying to lose weight or cut off the excess pounds:
- Reduce the consumption of sweet as well as the starch content in the food that you consume in your everyday life. Cutting the sugar and starch percentage or material in your daily life means you are reducing the carbohydrates which increase the fat in your body and thus, makes you fat enough. Low carbohydrates mean the fat percentage also goes down.
- The consumption of proteins, fat as well as the leafy green vegetables: Consumption of protein is essential and should be a part of your meals. Protein-rich food includes the consumption of meat, eggs, fish as well as seafood. It also helps in highly boosting your metabolism. Diets which are high in proteins also help you in reducing the obsessive food thoughts by almost 60 %. So, the less you think about the food, the less you will feel like eating them. You will start eating 441 calories less once you start consuming more proteins in your diet.
- A lot of green leafy vegetables like cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower or lettuce should also be a part of your everyday food as these vegetables have a low carbohydrate content. Apart from this, the avocado oil, olive oil, fish oil as well as butter can also be used while cooking because these cooking oils have considerable resources which will not make you feel hungry but let your stomach feel fuller by reducing the hunger further.
Therefore, the best ways to lose weight is by reducing the number of calories you consume in your everyday life. At the same time, you should increase the number of calories burnt by the physical activities you perform in your daily life. For example: If you eat or consume a little more calories than you should, for a week with no changes in your intensity of physical activities then your weight is going to increase and you will now have some extra pounds which will make you unfit.
On the other hand, if you consume a few calories less than what you do on a regular basis and also increase the level of your physical activities, then you will be able to achieve the weight loss you always wanted or desired.
Starving yourself or following extreme diets or may be eating less than what you do then you can lead to weight loss with immediate results, but that is not going to be helpful in the long run and might prove to be unsafe too. Therefore, instead of following extreme diets or working out too much in the gym or exercising more than what your body can take, all you have to do is follow the rule of not eating certain food types. These food types would include:
- Processed foods.
- White bread and pasta.
- Foods with a high percentage of calories from fat.
You should always try and substitute these fast foods with something that is healthy like the food items made out of whole grains. On the other hand, you should also exclude fast food from your life as they contain a high amount of fat in them. There are many medical treatments related to weight loss, but they should be used only when the person is at a high health risk like that of being obese.
Otherwise, following these diets in your everyday life is going to be okay enough and would work wonders. Another important thing that you need to understand is, physical exercise should be an essential part of your life. The less you exercise, the more are the chances of fat being stored in your body, and you cannot remove it.
Unhealthy fat or the extra pounds in your body also leads to heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, osteoarthritis, some types of cancers, sleep apnea, elevated blood cholesterol levels, etc.
Therefore, I would like to end it by saying that do not stay hungry just to lose weight as it can prove to be unsafe and dangerous for your body. So, just eliminate food with sugar content and the ones that have too much fat from your diet, and you will end up seeing results. But maintain it regularly with ample amount of exercise so that your body learns to utilise the food to get the energy you need.
Just remember, no one is perfect or fit. It took your body a long time to store the fat and make you flabby so spending some time in the correct or the right direction is going to be worth the time.
Happy weight loss!